Saturday, October 21, 2006

The floor of the Canyon


It seems to have been a very long time since I posted here. I am going to try to do it more often. I have moved to the Sacramento area. This part of California is very different than the bay area. But I am getting used to it. The light here is yellow and red. I have been doing some little paintings to get back into the swing of things. Some have turned out to be ok. It amazes me that every time that I am unable to paint for a time of more than a few weeks that the painting changes. (or is it me?) This little painting is 4"x5" unframed, it is a gallery wrap canvas and is painted around the sides. It is ready to fame. My reference for this little abstract was the floor of Canyon de Chelly in the Navajo Reservation. Standing on the rim at the end of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home