Saturday, November 25, 2006

Two green apples 5"x7"


Now it is apples, Granney Smith to be exact. Great for pies, but it is the color that I love. I am learning so much from these little still lifes. I think it must be the intense study to find the shape and color. Feeling the shape and weight, the texture of the skin. I have come to know these apples so very well. This is the first painting of them, and then I did another one with three of them in it. I was going to paint one more, but thanksgiving day my great grandson ate my best one. I looked up from doing dishes and there he was with my best apple! His little teeth made little craters in the skin. Oh well there are lots of apples to get to know, of course they are all different.

If you would like to purchase this painting please email me at phyljan@aol.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home