Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Abstract 9"x12"


This painting has a little harder shapes and colors as opposed to some of my other abstracts. Still it is based on the same references as the other ones, which is Canyon de Chelly. I use Canyon de Chelly with its many colors, shapes, line, moods,weather, and sounds to record my many states of being on any given day that I paint it. After thinking about it, this is true of all my paintings. I seem to feel them more than see them. (this means I suppose that for me feeling is believing not seeing)
In the 'heat' of the day all of the subtle color is bleached out of the stone leaving a feeling of harshness.

The size of this painting is 9"x12" unframed, it is painted on a canvas board and is ready to frame. If you would like to purchase this painting it is 100.00 with shipping and insurance added. Email me at phyljan@aol.com for details,

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane Widler Wenzel said...

What a delight to find this degree of abstraction that really tells the truth. I feel the weight of the stone. They are almost alive.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home