Friday, August 24, 2007

Canyon wall 24"x30" sold


The wall of the canyon. Is this the boundary protecting the floor? It reflects the sky but in a different way than the floor does. All of the canyon is influenced by all that is above it and around it. Artists always paint themselves in some form or another. I have always believed this. My one and only teacher said to me "what do you have to say" you have to have something to say! I have never had anything to say. I can only express my self. I can only know another person, place, or thing through my self and my awareness. If I am "outside of my self" I then do not really know what I think only what the other thinks or is. To express it I must come back to my self and express it through my self. It then becomes my impression, which may not be the "thing" at all. Oh well that's the way it is for me and I must make do with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home