Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pear 20"x20" oil painting


I know I said no more pears, but here is another one with a darker background. I wanted to see what would happen with a darker background and this is not so bad. (maybe) I like the square format. It used to be that everyone thought a square was hard to paint because of the difficulty of the composition, but I have always liked them.


Because i have so much more time to paint I can take as long as I like to "work" on a piece. I am finding that the time of staring at the painting may be the most valuable. It seems that I am not doing anything even to me, but something is going on beyond my thinking that if I let it it will add to the work. I find that I see more as I sit in front of the pear and the painting of the pear and both begin to speak to me. What it has to say is another thing altogether.


The size of this is 20"x20", it is painted on gallery wrap canvas and can be hung as is. If you would like to purchase this painting email me at phyljan@aol.com. The price is 200.00


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home