Tuesday, January 29, 2008

An orange is just that an orange 4"x5"


Fruit, another still life. Painting a still life is somehow soothing. Every day I know what I am painting and how it should look at the end of the process. There it is right in front of me. If it does not work I know why - maybe I can fix it or maybe not but still I know where I am. As opposed to the abstracts which I do not know, as I am searching for something that I cannot see but only feel. Expressing feelings in line, shape and color in an authentic way is a wonderful challenge and exciting (when it works) but not reassuring or soothing. It's a good thing that I learn from both. Landscape and faces are somewhere in between.

If you would like to puchase this painting it is 25.00 plus shipping of 8.00 paypal if avaiable for those who chose that way of payment. Email me at phyljan@aol.com for details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home