Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Apple 5"x7"


I am still painting still life. It is another apple from my tree. There is so much to be learned from still life. Learning to paint what you see, learning to see more and better. I always hope that I end up with something that looks enough like the object to know what it is. I always start out to paint realistic but somewhere along the way the painting takes over and I end up with an impression rather than "the real thing". At least I am always surprised. And sometimes I am pleased. Maybe this is my way of always learning. I am studying color right now and of course it is not local color but which color does this color call for. Is the color of the apple wanting something else. Must be so since so far I have not painted it as it is and if I do I don't like it. Of course there is always another chance. I think that is one of the reasons that I do art. I am never quite there close but not there, so I have to try again.


This little painting is 5"x7" painted on gallery wrap canvas. If you would like to purchase this one email me at pyljan@aol.com


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home