Monday, December 11, 2006

A friend-- charcoal drawing on 100% rag paper

I do not know why this post is messed up but I cannon find out how to fix it, The second part does not show up in the edit feature. Sorry for the mess.
Sometimes I just have to do faces. They are not anyone in paticular they are just familiar. I use a photograph, or two or three, and sometimes anyone who is around, to find the placement of the nose eyes etc. I am not capable of doing a likeness so it really does not matter what I use. I keep working until they have spoken, I am pleased, or I feel finished. In this way I am able to tell myself things that otherwise I would not know. I either like it or I don't but there it is. This one I liked. The size of this charcoal drawing is aprox. 18"x24" unmatted and unframed, it is done on 100% rag paper. If you would like to purchase this drawing email me at phyljan@aol.com for the details.. I am not sure why. Sometimes I use a photograph, sometimes more than one, sometimes whoever is around to find placement of nose eye etc. I am not capable of doing a likeness so it really does not matter what I use if anything. I just keep working until I am pleased or that I feel that all has been said that needs to be said. In this way I am often able to tell myself something that otherwise I could not say. This one is charcoal on 100% rag paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home