Sunday, March 30, 2008

The vase 14"x18


I bought this vase in Carmel many years ago. I love the shape, color, and smoothness of it. It is a peaceful and soothing vase to me. I have stuff in my house like most people that I know, but my "stuff" is only "stuff" that I truly love and that feeds my soul. I am just now beginning to paint some of this stuff. The pieces of turquoise are scraps from a Navajo man who makes jewelry each piece is what the jewelry was not.

I am painting still life lately because I am trying to learn something more about this process of painting that I love and with still life the subject seems to already be there. When I have an obvious subject with color and shape etc. all of it already there I think that is what I am painting so that is what I concentrate on. My goal is to go beyond the object to the essence of it, of course I have not done this yet, and may never do it but I am delighted with the journey.
If you would like to purchase this painting email me at phyljan@aol.com for the details. The size is 14"x18" unframed, it is oil on canvas,

1 Comments:

Blogger Austin Maloney said...

You do great work. I love your soft style. I would love to do a link exchange if your interested.

My blog:

http://austinmaloney.blogspot.com/

My email:

amaloneyart@gmail.com

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home